Accreditation, Vision, Values, and Goals
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's, and specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of A&M-Central Texas.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas will achieve national recognition as an upper-level university, offering high quality and affordable undergraduate and graduate educational programs to address regional and statewide needs.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is a public, upper-level university offering baccalaureate and graduate degrees important to the region and the state. It is committed to high quality, rigorous, and innovative educational programs delivered in a variety of instructional modes to a diverse student population through exceptional teaching, service, and applied scholarship. With an emphasis on community engagement, the university employs emerging technology to enhance student learning and to nurture its partnerships with regional community colleges, the military presence in its region, and the community at large.
- EXCELLENCE AND ACHIEVEMENT – We strive to continuously improve, innovate, and exceed expectations.
- COMPASSION – We care about the feelings of others. When others are suffering, we empathize and offer help.
- INTEGRITY – We conduct ourselves in an ethical and respectful manner.
- KNOWLEDGE – We provide educational experiences to encourage lifelong learning and intellectual curiosity.
- DIVERSITY – We respect and value both differences and similarities in our students, co-workers, and other stakeholders.
- INITIATIVE – We encourage the involvement and the contribution of each employee. We create a workplace where every employee can share a sense of ownership.
- COLLABORATION – We develop and maintain partnerships to serve the needs of our students, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders.
Academic Excellence through Accountability and Classroom Rigor
Building an Environment to Foster Scholastic Achievement
Fostering a Sense of Community