Military and Veteran Services
Ted and Diane Connell Military and Veteran Services Center
The Ted and Diane Connell Military and Veteran Services Center provides assistance to student veterans, service members, and their families in the utilization of Veteran Affairs (VA) education benefits and military tuition assistance, military transcripts evaluation, and a successful transition to student life.
Staff are available to answer questions about veterans’ education benefits and military tuition assistance, military credit evaluation, as well as to certify enrollments and monitor students’ degree plans and academic progress. However, the VA Regional Processing Office is the final authority on disbursement of funds. In addition, some chapters of veterans' education benefits may require the student to verify his/her enrollment status in order for the VA to release his/her monthly payments. Please note that the last day of the month in question is the earliest day that enrollment for that month may be verified.
A&M-Central Texas School Certifying Officials are not VA employees; they act as liaisons between the university and the VA. The School Certifying Officials work to ensure that the regulations of the VA are satisfied, as well as the policies of the university; however, the School Certifying Officials are not authorized to make judgments regarding the status of a student's VA education benefits.
Please refer to the VA website for additional information regarding education benefits or the VetSuccess On Campus Program Counselor.
The Military and Veteran Services Center stands ready to facilitate the transition from military life into academics. Services include:
- Information and support related to the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Dependents Educational Assistance
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Montgomery GI Bill-Reserve
- Military Credit Evaluations
- Military Tuition Assistance
Please contact (254) 519-5423 for information concerning VA resources and benefits. Questions and inquiries may also be sent to email@example.com.
VetSuccess On Campus
The VetSuccess On Campus Program is a collaborative effort between A&M-Central Texas and the United States Department of Veterans Affairs with the purpose of providing a supportive, on-campus environment where veteran students may gather to obtain assistance and peer support. The goal of the program is to help veterans transition to college life and successfully complete their educational programs. The VA has placed a full-time, experienced vocational counselor on the A&M-Central Texas campus. The counselor serves as a “one-stop liaison” for veterans, active duty military, and their eligible family members. A&M-Central Texas is one of the original eight schools in the nation to have an on-campus counselor from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Your VetSuccess Counselor can assist you with:
- Information on VA educational benefits, to include the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), and other VA and non-VA educational benefits
- Information, guidance, and support while using your VA educational benefits
- Accessing, understanding, and applying for VA benefits, to include vocational rehabilitation & employment, disability compensation, life insurance, home loan guaranty, and other benefits and services
- Transition support services
- Vocational exploration and career counseling services
- Assistance with electing healthcare benefits through the Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
- Information and referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible veterans and their family members
- Job placement assistance and coordination with local Disabled Veteran’s Outreach Program (DVOP) specialists and Local Veterans Employment Representatives (LVER)
- Referrals to on-campus, community, and VA resources to ensure academic success