Graduate Transfer Information

Limitations on Transfer and Correspondence Courses

Recommendations for transfer credit are originated by the graduate program faculty advisor. Upon approval from the Director of Graduate Studies, the University may accept as many as 12 hours of graduate coursework completed at another regionally accredited institution.

Credit for coursework submitted for transfer from any college or university must be shown in semester credit hours or equated to semester credit hours. Coursework in which no formal grade is given, or in which grades other than letter grades (A, B, C, etc.) are given (e.g. CR, P, S, U, etc.) will not be accepted for transfer credit. Only A and B grades may be transferred. No academic work completed by correspondence courses may be applied towards graduate degree programs. Correspondence courses include those courses where faculty interaction is absent.

All courses accepted as transfer credits which are more than six years old at time of graduation will not be counted toward degree requirements.