M.Ed. Educational Leadership
The Department of Educational Leadership and Human Development offers degrees and certification programs designed to help students increase the skills and in-depth knowledge required for broader educational leadership roles in schools and school districts. A Master of Education in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification is available to students interested in the many areas of school leadership. Additional information about educational leadership programs and contact information may be obtained at: https://www.tamuct.edu/coe/education-leadership.html.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Integrate the principles of School Culture to establish and implement a shared vision and culture of high expectations.
- Apply principles of Leading Learning to ensure students receive high-quality instruction.
- Demonstrate principles of Human Capital to ensure faculty and staff are of the highest quality.
- Employ the principles of Executive Leadership to model a consistent focus on and commitment to improving student learning.
- Interpret the principles of Strategic Operations to implement systems that align with the vision and improve the quality of instruction.
- Employ the principles of Ethics, Equity, and Diversity to implement policies to manage educational environments.
Students will be admitted into the M.Ed. Educational Leadership major by the faculty once the following application criteria are met:
- A minimum 2.75 grade point average (GPA) overall or in the last 60 hours to include semester where the 60th hour occurred.
- Graduate School admission.
- Completed application packet.
- Valid Teaching Certificate.
- Two years creditable service as a teacher of record at a TEA approved site.
- Letter of Intent to pursue certification.
- Letter of Reference from principal or immediate supervisor.
- Professional Scenario Response.
Admission to the program does not guarantee recommendation for certification. To be recommended for certification, students must meet all program requirements and satisfy the requirements for recommendation for certification.
Master of Education - Educational Leadership with Principal Certification Program Requirements
All courses applicable to the program must be attained, at least 30 hours are required for the degree.
|EDLD 5300||Foundations of Educational Leadership||3|
|EDLD 5301||Research in Educational Leadership||3|
|EDLD 5339||Processes of Educational Leadership 1||3|
|EDLD 5345||Leadership of Learning Systems 1||3|
|EDLD 5309||Legal Issues in School Leadership 1||3|
|EDLD 5316||Leadership of Effective Instruction 1||3|
|EDLD 5342||Leadership of Campus Resources 1||3|
|EDLD 5355||Leadership of Diverse Learning Communities 1||3|
|EDLD 5392||Principalship Practicum 1||3|
|EDLD 5393||Principalship Practicum 2 1||3|
|EDLD 5090||Educational Leadership Comprehensive Examination||0|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
Courses are required for Principal Certification.
Comprehensive Examination Requirements:
- Examinees must have a degree plan on file.
- Examinees must register for the comprehensive exam course.
Faculty administer examinations three times per year according to the following schedule:
- April (Application Deadline - March 1)
- July (Application Deadline - June 1)
- November (Application Deadline - October 1)
Note: Permission from the graduate advisor, the Dean of the College of Education, and the Dean of Graduate School is required for faculty to administer the examination at any time other than the regularly scheduled dates.