M.S. One Planet Leadership
The One Planet Leadership program is designed to prepare students for the leadership challenges that are inherent in all sectors: business, military, government, education, and nonprofit. In so doing, the One Planet Leadership program embraces the call to bring social responsibility and environmental stewardship to the mission of organizations by embedding principles of sustainability into the core curriculum and by challenging students to explore the daunting task of creating learning organizations that simultaneously maximize employee well-being, social responsibility, and performance excellence—the triple bottom line.
The A&M-Central Texas Master of Science degree in One Planet Leadership is designed for busy adults who want to improve their knowledge, abilities, and skills in management. The 36-hour program focuses on one of the most challenging responsibilities for management today—leading change. Students gain the knowledge and skills that are applicable in business, the military, government organizations, and private not-for-profit organizations.
This program is suited for students who want:
- To deepen their understanding of how organizations function;
- To increase their academic credentials;
- To increase their understanding of how to design and implement change within an organization;
- To acquire the requisite 18 hours of graduate coursework needed to teach at the undergraduate level; and
- To acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to help organizations through internal or external consulting.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying relevant leadership theories and models to problems/issues encountered in a dynamic and complex business.
- Formulate leadership action to foster and achieve an organizational vision and to better align organizational form and function.
- Demonstrate the use of effective written communication skills within a leadership role.
- Demonstrate the use of effective oral communication skills (both prepared and impromptu) within the context of a leadership role.
- Demonstrate professionalism in collaborative team activities.
- Make quality work contributions in collaborative team activities.
- Analyze and evaluate corporate ethics and socially responsible behaviors in business scenarios.
- Formulate managerial actions that foster corporate ethics and socially responsible practices.
- Synthesize and apply their knowledge of globalization and cultural differences to their own managerial practices.
- Identify and analyze how globalization and national cultural differences affect managerial activities in specific contexts.
Students must complete the application on ApplyTexas.
In addition, students seeking admission to the Master of Science in One Planet Leadership program will also need to submit the following items directly to the Graduate School:
- GMAT scores (if required). Contact the graduate school to determine if required.
- An essay of 500 words explaining your career goals and qualifications to be an asset to the OPL program.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (contact graduate school for recommendation form).
- Resume or CV.
- May 1st (Early deadline)
- July 1st (Regular deadline)
- August 1st (Not likely to be considered)
- International Students: March 1st
- September 15th (Early deadline)
- November 15th (Regular deadline)
- December 15th (Not likely to be considered)
- International Students: July 15th
- February 15th (Early deadline)
- April 15th (Regular deadline)
- May 15th (Not likely to be considered for the upcoming summer)
- International Students: January 1st
Master of Science - One Planet Leadership Program Requirements
Courses that are common to all emphases may be applied to all. At least 36 hours are required for the degree.
|BUSI 5310||Business Research Methods||3|
|MGMT 5301||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT 5302||Sustainable Business: A One Planet Approach||3|
|MGMT 5307||Responsibilities and Ethics of Leadership||3|
|MGMT 5308||Designing Organizations for Sustainable Effectiveness||3|
|MGMT 5309||Global Leadership for Sustainability 1||3|
|MGMT 5310||Leadership Formation and Development||3|
|MGMT 5311||Sustainable Operations & Services||3|
|MGMT 5315||International Management for Sustainability||3|
|MGMT 5330||Cross Sector Partnerships for Sustainability||3|
|MGMT 5368||Development & Change for Learning Organizations||3|
|Approved graduate-level electives||3|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
Minimum grade of B is required.