Along with the general undergraduate admission requirements, international applicants must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements through one of the following ways:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 69 (Internet-based test) or 520 (paper-based test) or 190 (computer-based test),
- International English Language Test (IELTS) minimum score of 6, or
- Completion of six semester credit hours of English composition with a grade of C or better in each course.
Materials Needed for Application
- The State of Texas Common Application for Public Universities,1 available at the following location: www.applytexas.org (application is submitted electronically),
- Official transcripts from colleges previously2 attended,
- Application fee $100 nonrefundable, and
- Affidavit of Support and documented evidence of financial solvency (financial statement documentation)*
Applications cannot be processed until all materials are received. Other documents may be requested as needed. The application and all requested materials must be submitted by the required admission deadline.
*International applicants who hold, or plan to apply for an F-1 via will be required to provide a bank statement and/or a letter from a financial institution that proves adequate financial resources are available to cover the minimum of the annual cost of attendance at A&M-Central Texas. Applicants who are sponsored or financially supported by another individual must provide an Affidavit of Support. International applicants not seeking a visa planning to enroll in an online program are not required to submit evidence of financial solvency.
Applications cannot be processed and an I-20 cannot be issued until all materials are received and the applicant is admitted to the university. To obtain a visa from the American Embassy located in the applicant’s country, a prospective student must have documented evidence of financial solvency. A sponsor is obligated to endorse all expenditures for the applicant during the entire course of study. Check with the American Embassy for further details.
International applicants must submit two passport-style color photos taken within six months of application. The A&M System mandates that all international students have medical insurance with coverage in the United States. Students will be automatically enrolled and charged for health insurance as part of their matriculation.
Used by U.S. citizens and permanent residents to apply for undergraduate admission.
If courses were taken at a college or university outside of the United States, a course-by-course evaluation from an accredited foreign credentials evaluation service is required. A&M-Central Texas recommends SpanTran complete the evaluation; however, accepts course-by-course credential evaluations with GPA and designation of the level for each course from a NACES or AICE member.