Life Experience Credit
A&M-Central Texas recognizes that each student has different educational needs, goals, and experiences. There are many areas where an individual’s skills and knowledge can be developed through vocational, military, and technical training; experiences accumulated in the workplace; as well as classes completed at other colleges and universities. A&M-Central Texas recognizes nontraditional learning experiences and may award college credit in cases where such credit is deemed appropriate.
Nontraditional learning experiences considered applicable toward a degree at A&M-Central Texas may include:
- Military Occupational Specialties (MOSs), ratings, Military Service Schools, and other Military Job Training and Experience as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE).
- Vocational training acquired at a regionally or nationally accredited institution or recommended by ACE.
- Credit by examination for prior learning experience.
All students, including military and former military personnel, are eligible for credit consideration based on documentation of their prior learning experiences. While this credit may not be used for admission purposes, transfer students with life experience credit are encouraged to explore the following Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degrees available at A&M-Central Texas.
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science Degree in Business
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Psychology
Students with an Associate of Applied Science degree in Nursing (or comparable credential) are encouraged to consider the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, which is an RN to B.S.N. program. Students with an Associate of Applied Degree in Aviation Science (or comparable credential) are encouraged to consider the Bachelor of Science in Aviation Science-Professional Pilot program.
For additional information regarding the military credit evaluation process, please see the Military Transcripts and Credit Evaluation in the catalog.