Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Undergraduate students who meet the following general admission requirements at the time of application are assured admission to A&M-Central Texas:
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- Minimum 30 academic, college-level transferable semester hours. Applicants pursuing an Applied Science or Aviation Science degree may meet this requirement utilizing select workforce education credit from an approved Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree upon completion of 45 hours, to include all general education courses within the AAS.
- Must be eligible to return to all previously attended colleges or universities.
How to Apply
- Complete the undergraduate application by visiting https://applytexas.org/;
- Pay the $30 non-refundable application fee via your electronic application or pay by cash, check, money order, or credit card in the Business Office; and
- Provide official copies of transcript(s) from each previously attended college or university.
Please Note: In accordance with The Texas A&M University System Regulation 11.99.02 Conduct Requirements for Admissions Applications and Transcripts, all applicants are required to disclose, at a minimum, criminal conviction histories – excluding juvenile adjudications – involving acts of violence or sexual misconduct and past substantiated or pending conduct charges involving acts of violence or sexual misconduct, and expulsions or suspensions from postsecondary institutions consistent with this regulation. Applicants who report one or more convictions or pending conduct charges are required to complete the Conduct Disclosure Supplemental Question Form to determine eligibility to continue with the university admission process. Once submitted, the Admissions Review Committee evaluates the information provided and responds with a determination of whether the applicant may continue with the admission process at A&M-Central Texas. It is important to note an affirmative answer will not necessarily result in a negative admissions decision.
Program Entry Requirements
Some undergraduate degree programs at A&M-Central Texas have additional entry requirements separate from general admission. Students admitted to the university who have yet to be formally admitted to one of these programs may be eligible to enroll in certain coursework; however, the number of courses a student may complete prior to official program entry may vary by department. Students are not considered eligible to graduate until they fulfill the entry requirements and upper-level courses required by the department.
For additional information regarding undergraduate degree programs offered at A&M-Central Texas, please see Undergraduate Programs.
While programs that contain Teacher Certification Preparation courses do not have any additional entry requirements, there are specific requirements students will need to complete before entering into the Certification Preparation portion of these degrees. For further information on these requirements review the specific program pages or contact Educator Preparation services in the College of Education.