M.Ed. Educational Leadership
The Department of Educational Leadership and Human Development offers degrees and certification programs designed to help students increase the skills and in-depth knowledge required for broader educational leadership roles in schools and school districts. A Master of Education in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification is available to students interested in the many areas of school leadership. Additional information about educational leadership programs and contact information may be obtained at: https://www.tamuct.edu/coe/education-leadership.html.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Integrate the principles of School Culture to establish and implement a shared vision and culture of high expectations.
- Apply principles of Leading Learning to ensure students receive high-quality instruction.
- Demonstrate principles of Human Capital to ensure faculty and staff are of the highest quality.
- Employ the principles of Executive Leadership to model a consistent focus on and commitment to improving student learning.
- Interpret the principles of Strategic Operations to implement systems that align with the vision and improve the quality of instruction.
- Employ the principles of Ethics, Equity, and Diversity to implement policies to manage educational environments.
Students will be admitted into the M.Ed. Educational Leadership major by the faculty once the following application criteria are met:
- A minimum 2.50 grade point average (GPA) overall or in the last 60 hours to include semester where the 60th hour occurred.
- Graduate School admission.
- Completed application packet.
- Valid Teaching Certificate.
- 1 year creditable teaching service at a TEA approved site.
- Letter of Intent to pursue certification.
- Letter of Reference from principal or immediate supervisor.
- Professional Scenario Response.
Admission to the program does not guarantee recommendation for certification. To be recommended for certification, students must meet all program requirements and satisfy the requirements for recommendation for certification.
Master of Education - Educational Leadership with Principal Certification Program Requirements
All courses applicable to the program must be attained, at least 30 hours are required for the degree.
|Foundations of Educational Leadership
|Research in Educational Leadership
|Processes of Educational Leadership 1
|Leadership of Learning Systems 1
|Legal Issues in School Leadership 1
|Leadership of Effective Instruction 1
|Leadership of Campus Resources 1
|Leadership of Diverse Learning Communities 1
|Principalship Practicum 1
|Principalship Practicum 2 1
|Educational Leadership Comprehensive Examination
|Total Credit Hours
Courses are required for Principal Certification.
Comprehensive Examination Requirements:
- Examinees must have a degree plan on file.
- Examinees must register for the comprehensive exam course.
The comprehensive exam course is available in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Note: Permission from the graduate advisor, the Dean of the College of Education and Human Development, and the Dean of Graduate School is required for faculty to administer the examination at any time other than the regularly scheduled dates.