M.S. Leadership for Sustainability
The Leadership for Sustainability program is designed to prepare students for the leadership challenges that are inherent in all sectors: business, military, government, education, and nonprofit. In so doing, the Leadership for Sustainability program embraces the call to bring social responsibility and environmental stewardship to the mission of organizations by embedding principles of sustainability into the core curriculum and by challenging students to explore the daunting task of creating learning organizations that simultaneously maximize employee well-being, social responsibility, and performance excellence—the triple bottom line.
The A&M-Central Texas Master of Science degree in Leadership for Sustainability is designed for busy adults who want to improve their knowledge, abilities, and skills in management. The 30-hour program focuses on one of the most challenging responsibilities for management today—leading change. Students gain the knowledge and skills that are applicable in business, the military, government organizations, and private not-for-profit organizations.
This program is suited for students who want:
- To deepen their understanding of how organizations function;
- To increase their academic credentials;
- To increase their understanding of how to design and implement change within an organization;
- To acquire the requisite 18 hours of graduate coursework needed to teach at the undergraduate level; and
- To acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to help organizations through internal or external consulting.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- Formulate theoretical and practically insightful leadership responses to problems and issues encountered in a dynamic and complex business environment.
- Recommend sustainable and socially responsible actions in relation to the complex array of stakeholders and systems within which organizations operate.
- Synthesize information regarding the impact of globalization to inform cross-cultural or multi-national decisions and practices.
Students will be admitted into the MS Leadership for Sustainability program by the program faculty once one of the following application criteria is met:
- Students who have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in a business discipline must:
- Be admitted to the Graduate School.
- Students who have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in a non-business discipline must:
- Be admitted to the Graduate School, and
- Successfully complete any required prerequisite/leveling modules.
Master of Science - Leadership for Sustainability Program Requirements
|MGMT 5301||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT 5302||Sustainable Business: A One Planet Approach||3|
|MGMT 5307||Responsibilities and Ethics of Leadership||3|
|MGMT 5308||Designing Organizations for Sustainable Effectiveness||3|
|MGMT 5309||Global Leadership for Sustainability 1||3|
|MGMT 5310||Leadership Formation and Development||3|
|MGMT 5311||Sustainable Operations & Services||3|
|MGMT 5315||International Management for Sustainability||3|
|MGMT 5330||Cross Sector Partnerships for Sustainability||3|
|MGMT 5368||Development & Change for Learning Organizations 2||3|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
Minimum grade of B is required.
Designated research course for the program.